Performance Max Campaigns – Everything You Need To Know
Introduction to Google’s Performance Max Campaigns:
You may have heard of the new Google Marketing strategy called Performance Max Campaigns, allowing online advertisers to make use of multiple online platforms through a single campaign.
Whether you are new to Google marketing or are an expert in the field, you should take advantage of testing the changes google make, as they are constantly altering digital experiences in attempt to help maximise user experience and ad performance.
I’m sure you are now wondering what these campaigns are and how they can be used to help maximise your google ads performance. We will be answering these questions in the blog post below.
What are Performance Max Campaigns?
Performance Max Campaigns are goal-based campaign types allowing advertisers to reach their customers across the following 6 platforms in one single campaign:
- YouTube, Display, Search, Discover, Gmail & Maps
Performance Max has been created to help complement keyword-based search campaigns and help convert more customers across all of the platforms listed above.
These campaigns assist online advertisers to achieve the following objectives:
- Discover new converting customers through:
- Customising goals that are relevant and specific to your business and maximising conversion value.
- Interacting with customers across all of Google’s channels.
- Utilising Google’s real-time information of consumer intention.
- Drive more value through:
- Utilising Google’s machine learning models which make accurate predictions about the best ads, audiences and creative combinations for your business.
When should I use Performance Max Campaigns?
Performance max campaigns are most suitable for advertisers who have specific conversion goals in mind such as; lead generation and increasing online sales & customer reach. They are also beneficial if you are wanting to easily manage your campaigns across multiple channels in a single campaign.
What are the advantages of Performance Max Campaigns?
Performance Max Campaigns can provide online advertisers with the following competitive advantages:
- Reaching audiences across a variety of platforms such as; YouTube, Display, Search, Discover, Gmail & Maps.
- Gain relevant information about the target audiences to know when messages should be sent based on location, language, time and context.
- Goal focused campaigns to optimise the goal set at the beginning of the campaign and improve conversion.
Drawbacks of Performance Max Campaigns?
The main drawback of performance max campaigns is its limited reporting capabilities. You are unable to view how the sitelink has performed within the specific campaign and the asset group reporting is also quite basic and doesn’t provide much insight when trying to view performance.
How to optimise the use of Performance Max Campaigns?
The suggestions below should help optimise Performance Max Campaigns:
- Set your target CPA or ROAS
- Utilise the Final URL Expansion option, to allow the campaign to discover new keywords and customise landing pages & titles to generate the most accurate search results for each user.
- Include a range of creative elements such as videos, logos, calls to action, images, titles, etc, to take advantage of the campaign being shown across multiple Google platforms.
- Utilise the Audience signals as Google will filter these signals through its automated filter, finding other users who may interact with similar things.
Performance Max Campaigns are a great way for online advertisers with clear objectives to increase customer conversion and profitably create ads for the ideal target audience.
These campaigns may not prove to be profitable immediately, similar to other PPC campaign strategies, however if you have a clear objective and the right budget they are definitely worth testing.